Sabri Header1 Sabri Hakim: (lets, just us two) my latest poem

Friday, September 23, 2005

(lets, just us two) my latest poem

Let's, just us two

I transfer thoughts through verbal means to communicate to you,
It's all over compromised I have gotten confused too,
I have found a stream with no barriers its one just for two
Let me run to take away me and you,
On a large body of water I will float
Come travel on brownish blackish wood gathered for you
Blue vibrant liquids we can cross come in, it can only lift two
Let's cross oceans and break up gathering bubbles in our way,
Let's hold hands and make them two,
Let's take grip of one another, until I confuse my prints with you,
Let's recreate a smiling face,
I will reconstruct your cheek bones to make them look like you want them to,
We will arrive, on land meeting ocean
I will build a bed of delicate fish bones
Today we are light travelers
Tonight we will be too excited to sleep
Let's burn a flame and create warmth that challenges ours and laugh at its defeat,
Nothing can harm you here,
Smell, breath, love, scream its all for you
I see a coconut next to pink mocking bird on top of a well fed deer.
Our meal is here,
Let the mixture of flesh reach harmony without subsidized herbs,
Tonight you and I will feast.
I love you,
Let's be thank full, for we need the grace of god,
Tomorrow is a new day; we have to discover more lands ones that suits us two
I have built the bed just right so our feet can't feel lost or insecure.
Tomorrow I will build another one, for now its time to sleep,

Awaken, you’re a body of inspiration that without I cannot do,
You’re a greek goddess with an Indian smile.
You're extravagant and will shine in the outside dew
You're me and I am you.
Its year one and today is just number two,
Let's meet the founding fathers of all nations,
Let's meet their thoughts and unalike ado,
Bright greens & dark reds on top of moisturized browns under water colored blue,
Walk with me; I can lead the way,
I'm the eyes of an African,
The heart of a dead soldier,
I'm the fingernails of every Caucasian, ones that you can see the dirt through
I'm the labor force,
Let's re-simplify life to the simple minded
I'm a male and you are a blinding female
This now is our land; let's tell the animals what to do,
My existence is entitled to no reduction or askew.
Don’t mind the screeching tigers,
Let anything bother and I die for you.
Don’t be afraid of a ghost that wears gold watches and speaks German
No one can hurt us, not even if they wanted to.
Sit aside; watch me build you a house for two,
I feel like a Danish boy with two sticks,
I own five fingers on each hand; there is only so much I can do,
On this hill I will celebrate you
On any mountain you choose I will carve your name onto
But first my love is to you,
Our house is a land mark; it's where black has met the whites of blue.
This is authenticity for you
Come in I say, it's almost dinner time and we have no stew.
Look what I have for you,
I have made a trombone and a violin too,
Let's sit on our porch now,
Here I have made us a swing and one there just for two
I’d be well dressed if I needed to,
Play for me and the listening part of the woods
Play for all children with musical ears
We're now part of new phyla within a phylum coexisting without rationality
We are any lost content in our spacious world
We abandoned by our will
Go mad,
Scream while you play,
Let's play together, all the songs we never knew,
Lets play god damn it, for no one can boo
I can see the reflection of three moons on my trombone,
In your face deep within your flickering eyes
I can see the light of many more heavens to come every second or two,
Don’t close your eyes
I want to watch you cook
I want to watch you write a 4000 page book.
Am I a foresighted beast?
The world has made me doubt even my inner esteem
I like it here and I know you do,
Were privileged to be appreciative
Tomorrow I will write out a new dictionary to constitute
It will be full of one letter words maybe even two
Tomorrow I will carry navy steel
The day after I will break a bone just to do
Need not worry I'm only twenty two
Who needs a fucking machine?
I can build a ladder and climb it too
I want my feet to rip inside out,
I want to crack every bone in back
This way I will get a feel that it's true,

Sabri Hakim

21 Comments:

Blogger Tololy said...

I loved it!

October 06, 2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

glad you did

October 06, 2005 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allah ya3teek il 3afyeh!
i cant say anything else, n i wount

October 09, 2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

thanks zanzoon

October 13, 2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger M!R@CHK@ said...

Really good one i live it ;)

October 15, 2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Mira

October 15, 2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

Sabri - This is a work of art. You have obviously put such time and effort into this, and it is beautiful. I admire the effort you put into using rhyme with such a long poem, I would have given up! Good job, this is a moving piece with strong imagery. Thanks for sharing!

October 15, 2005 8:28 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you for reading it.

October 15, 2005 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wallah ma 3riftak ya ibin 3amti! sha3er ! ! i really enjoyed it =)

October 21, 2005 2:24 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Sura.

October 22, 2005 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from SH to SH
u bring love to life...
u r full of thoughts, heddin thoughts, u r too good SH..
let jordan know about u..I shall let america know of u...i shall follow up more..soon.. may allah bless u...
SH

November 11, 2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you SH, Do I know you?

November 12, 2005 3:27 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Dabbas

November 17, 2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Rania said...

Beautiful. It took me on a journey and back... and I was sad to be back.

November 26, 2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Rania, where did it take you though?

November 26, 2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Tutti said...

Strong!

December 12, 2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Milla...

December 12, 2005 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you man and Love your work no matter what u intreduce me to in this life i shull love it

December 19, 2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you Basheti

December 25, 2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Hind Sabanekh said...

extremely touchy!! i loved it :)

December 31, 2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

I thank a natural musician.

December 31, 2005 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home