Sabri Header1 Sabri Hakim: Ghost Factory

Monday, September 26, 2005

Ghost Factory

Ghost Factory by Ghaith Al-Lawzi.

Just finished reading this book 2 weeks back and felt I must recommend, the author is Jordanian, the story feels close to home, and the constant stream of thoughts and remarks made by the main character provided constant imagery that lead the reader on a journey through the eyes and in the mind of a young rich and maybe spoiled Arab experiencing the high life of an Egyptian, shining more light on what seems bright to others.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

Thank you, the book was a great read, so much so I got in contact with the author to thank him for it and have told him about this post, he should be commenting anytime soon.

September 30, 2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Sabri for the recommendation.
I wrote this book for me 2 get my ghosts out, and it is a book that is not meant to send a message or preach.
It is however a book, for your generation. I'm a little older now and Zein, the main character of Ghost Factory, is a far memory of people I met years ago.
But all of in your 20's, I would recommend you read the book (not because I will make money out of it, believe me. the book bled me dry). Your generation has no voices among the older generations. I am one. Not a spokesperson or advocate, just a voice. It is now in the market.
If you have any questions, comments or anything 2 say, email me at (ghaith_hamed@yahoo.com). Pls title the email (Ghost Factory)

Again thank you Sabri

Ghaith El Lawzi

November 02, 2005 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished reading Ghost Factory and loved it. It's the kind of book that stays with you and makes you think about it way after you're done reading it.

January 09, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home