Sabri Header1 Sabri Hakim: Thoughts of mine

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thoughts of mine

I've been smoke free for 50 days now; I still ache and scratch my self when I crave, I repeat my need for breathing smoke, exhaling heavy clouds of dust.
You must learn Philippe.
This is exile, hang him for he looks like a beast, allow the sirs and generals a piece of chocolate each, I will be down soon for now I need to floss these teeth.
I want to look at something blindingly bright. Call on hail marries to bring rosemary and cranberry. Let's play with light and shade. Today I am color bind free.
Allow me to jump off a bridge and land bare foot in muddy forests; I'm dancing alongside pink mammals. "AHHH dear God" allow my screaming to rip part my vocal cords. Let's wrestles gardeners till they break our bones. Jump along with me on this presto wood. This is how you reminisce, Rage thy child, glow your hair and be shaved, this is how to conduct and interview. Screw fabrics of the fabricated.
"Hello tiger"; allow me to pluck your whiskers. No more picking on Elephants for they are entitled to glasses and can read. I am complicated I tell you, yes highly genius too; I like the sounds of violins and can calculate an askew.
{Picture taken at a farm in Um il Amad}

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there Sabri, don't worry soon the cravings will disappear and never come back.

you don't know how happy i am to know that somebody has quit smoking!!

p.s did you write that? thats really complicated, plz write more :)

November 25, 2005 7:15 PM  
Blogger ghaloosh said...

i wish i can quit PEPSI and turn into a PEPSI free person but it's hard :P so seems u have a strong will.. keep on

November 25, 2005 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vivid imagery...

brought memories of writing for Jim Morrison (رحمة الله عليه) . Sheck him out:

They are waiting to take us into
The severed garden
Do you know how pale and wanton thrillful
Comes death on a strange hour
Unannounced, unplanned for
Like a scaring over-friendly guest you’ve
Brought to bed
Death makes angels of us all
And gives us wings
Where we had shoulders
Smooth as raven’s
Claws


كان عندي غزال, كفو محني, تل لل لم

November 25, 2005 9:25 PM  
Blogger Oscar R. Warren said...

I like your writing, it makes one think. That is the way of all poets, provoking ones thoughts and mind. Congratulations on quitting smoking... I quit thirty years ago, soon you just overcome.

November 28, 2005 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home