Sabri Header1 Sabri Hakim: "Green apples, anyone, I beg you?"

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"Green apples, anyone, I beg you?"


Happy little kids selling green apples in Downtown Amman for a second it made me smile, in a previous post you saw the pictures of the same boys giggling and laughing that's because of a smart joke I memorized, the more time I spent with these boys the harder reality stroke, older men passing by slapping and verbally abusing them, in the picture below you can see the physical scars on one of the boys faces, never mind the emotional ones I'll convince my self there aren’t any.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

and in person its just that much more touching.. thank you for you comment

September 30, 2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger أبو سنان said...

Hit? Why? Ya haraam. Hum..er. If I saw that I am afraid that the kid wouldnt be the only one getting slapped that day.

October 01, 2005 3:18 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

I, as a person going to take pictures there, try my best to not disturb the natural flow of things, if I act as a threat I wouldn't be able to capture the true feeling of the site. If I do act upon what I have seen and confront the man, the boy would be the victim again and get maybe more than just a slapping.

October 01, 2005 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dont know what to say anymore, the more i look at the childrens pictures the more i grow to hate those men including the childrens parents. i wonder tho, how can i hate someone i dont enen know...

October 09, 2005 12:07 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

emotions are a tricky thing

October 09, 2005 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home