Sabri Header1 Sabri Hakim: Outside my window at 4:00 AM

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Outside my window at 4:00 AM

Laying on my recliner under a cool breeze of air from the back window, smoking a perfect Marlboro Light (Amreeky) while sipping on my blood orange juice, watching 24 season 4. Jack shoots, Jack is shot, life goes on. It was as perfect as it gets on 4AM, I hoped the sun would sleep in. Then like all stories I heard a noise, I live on the 4th floor noise could only be made from an obese neighbor having trouble sleeping, at 4 AM all noises should be distinct, I muted the TV and slightly moved my neck to the left while half blinking my right eye, It sounded like a cat was in a plastic bag and wanted to get out, but from miles away, I got up, looked outside the window, there were no cars no people, the rays of the orange street lights were disturbing yet not enough to distract me from hearing the sound, I looked around and saw something fidgeting next to the garbage. More than 150 feet away, I thought it was a cat at first, then it turns out it's man, tearing up every bag that was in that garbage can as if he was looking for doze of a drug he had gotten addicted to, only thought rushing through my mind was terrorists on 24 saying Allah Akbar before attempting any murder. he wore a black pants, black shirt, black cap and at 4 am, it was clear he didn’t want to be seen, I looked back inside the room and saw remains of snacks and fruits on the table for the maid to clean up, I grabbed my camera took a few shots and thought about how far away our worlds were, if only a sperm and egg met else where I could be there fighting him for a crushed Pepsi can.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I love your style, makes me live the moment, exactlly is if I'm there

after readin this post, I can clearly say, el7amd lelah 3ala kol eshi!

keep it up dude, and god bless

October 02, 2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

thank you, I think having the picture there really makes this post almost tangible.

October 02, 2005 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooow!! you have no idea how thankful to God I am at the moment.. for everything especially for letting me read your posts.. they really touch me inno i read them over and over.. and in every time it's like they make me rethink about things i do and things i should be doing! thank you :)

October 02, 2005 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weinak min zaman ya zabri.

this is good shit!

October 03, 2005 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sabri u have a gift in writing, im serious dont stop uv got smthn good going on.a few ppl actually take a minute and think what if i was born somewhere else in a different family, only a few take a minute to appreciate their lives.. its good to know ur one of them.. keep it coming
god bless u

October 03, 2005 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home